Skills for All in Regions
Skills for All in Regions is a State Government initiative which links people with skills and jobs. This initiative brings together learning, training and employment services to ensure all South Australians have the opportunity to develop their work skills and to find employment.
Skills for All in Regions will meet the challenges that result from the State’s economic trends by continuing to expand participation in the State’s workforce, particularly for those people who struggle to break into and remain in the paid workforce.
By working in partnership with all levels of the government, industry and the community, Skills for All in Regions:
- Provides learning, training and employment opportunities for people who are having trouble improving their skills or finding a job;
- Assists local and regional communities to address the learning, training and work needs of individuals within their communities;
- Helps maximise the number of jobs associated with industry and government projects;
- Helps meet the demand for labour by responding to current and future skills demands; and
- Strengthens partnerships between government, industry, employment and training providers and the community resulting in shared responsibility for outcomes.
Skills for All in Regions programs expand and improve South Australia’s productivity while meeting and enriching the training and work needs of individuals. Skills for All in Regions focuses especially on the needs of:
- Indigenous people
- Mature age people
- Public Sector
- Young people
Further information on the Skills for All in Regions can be found on the Skills for All in Regions website at: http://www.skills.sa.gov.au